HOW TO QUIT CAFFEINE?
A few months ago, i was sitting at home with a cup of coffe in my hand in front of my tv. It was a normal day for me until i saw a youtube recommendation video of, quitting caffeine for 1 month challenge. That video did take my attention for a moment, not the challenge part of the video but the quitting caffeine part for making the decision. After that video i became more interested in this topic and did a lot of research about the side effects of caffeine.
I was drinking like 4 to 6 cups of coffee per day sometimes even 8 cups a day that is a lot of coffee. Specially for me because i had a lot of problems and i didn’t know what the cause was so i decided to eliminate sugar, coffee, smoking cigarets, i also decided to improve my gut healt and sleep routine.
I did quit smoking, sugar and coffee each every month so i could see the improvements. I couldn’t see any improvements in my healt until i quit coffee. The first week of quitting coffee/caffeine was horrible.
Staying asleep was very difficult waking up in the night was not a surprise for me anymore. My anxiety became more during this period i couldn’t communicate with people anymore because of my anxiety. Brainfog was more noticeable and that was also causing me to not communicate properly with people. Last but not least the headache was abnormal and long lasting.
I replaced my coffee habit with linden tea because linden tea is a natural tea with 0 caffeine. This tea helps to relax you and you don’t mis a warm cup in your hands. If you realy need a cup of coffee then go for the Decaf coffee it contains around 7-13mg of caffeine. Your average cup of coffee will contain about 120-150mg of caffeine.
Taking this step to quit caffeine and stay without it will improve your life here are some tips on how to quit caffeine.
Before we start this journey together i like to mention the benefits of quitting caffeine.
- Breaking the addiction.
- Financial savings.
- Better sleep.
- Better mood / no mood swings.
- decreased anxiety.
- No more brainfog.
- Healthier teeth.
- Lower blood pressure.
SIDE EFFECTS OF CONSUMING COFFEE
- Adrenal fatige
- High blood pressure
cold turkey method
I Like this method a lot because it is the most effective way and the fastest way to detox your body from caffeine. This method is a fast one but it can cause caffeine withdrawal symptoms depending on how your body reacts to caffeine withdrawal.
- Fast way to detox your body.
- Realization of caffeine’s influence on your body functioning.
- The most effective way to stay quit.
- Can cause caffeine withdrawal symptoms
- Can lead to loss of productivity
- Caffeine withdrawal symptoms last between 1 to 3 days, for some people this can take up to a week.
Preparing before quitting
- Plan to quit on the weekend so the detox of caffeine will not effect your work/school etc.
- Inform people around you that you are going through caffeine detox.
- Have some pain relievers at home to fight headache.
- Drink linden tea instead of coffee, If you realy want a cup of coffee then go for the Decaf coffee as last option.
- Stay after your decision.
- Remember why you started.
- Know wich products have caffeine in it.
Wich products contain caffeine?
You will be surprised when you find out wich products contain caffeine!
- Decaf coffee 7-13mg, normal coffee contains 120-150mg.
- Chocolate the darker the chocolate, the more caffeine it contains.
- Ice cream and frozen yogurt.
- Some painkillers.
- Hot Chocolate.
I advise you to worry about the coffee aspect of quitting caffeine rather than the foods above.
Hi There, Feel Free To Support. Thank You